Why Choose This Strategy?
- As a high active share, concentrated global equity fund.
- To add diversification to US equity holdings.
- As a complement to more value-oriented global strategies.
- WCM uses a bottom-up approach that seeks to identify companies with attractive fundamentals, such as low or no debt, rising returns on invested capital, and reasonably predictable free cash flow generation. The team focuses on assessing the trajectory of a company's competitive advantage ("economic moat") and the alignment of its corporate culture with this economic moat.
- The team's focus is on industry-leading, global companies led by visionary management teams with sound business strategies. These companies often dominate their industry, and the team believes they will continue that domination well into the future.
- When selecting equity investments, the targeted minimum time horizon is 3-5 years.
- Above-average returns can only be achieved by structuring portfolios distinct from market indices. As a result, the fund typically holds 30-40 companies, concentrated around the managers' best ideas.
Seeks long-term capital appreciation
WCM Investment Management
|Joined the Firm||Began Investment Career|
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.