Equity Allocation Barbell: Growth & Cyclical Stocks
Discussion of asset allocation trends in institutional and financial advisor model portfolios analyzed by Natixis Investment Managers Solutions portfolio consultants.
- The framework scores equity strategies based on their exposures to industries that have shown a historical tendency to outperform in the four possible scenarios for higher or lower growth and inflation.
- Recession is looking less likely in the near term as there are an increasing number of tailwinds that could drive reacceleration in real GDP growth.
- At the same time, the Federal Reserve may be nearly done with its rate hiking cycle, given the encouraging inflation data that has poured in this year. The items on Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s inflation checklist are all trending in the right direction.
- The outlook for strong economic growth and lower inflation may still be underappreciated by the market – but investors can reflect it in their portfolio allocations.
- Investors can implement this idea by diversifying their portfolio’s exposures across growth and cyclical sectors to potentially benefit from strong than expected growth and lower than expected inflation.
This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions.