We're Committed to Equality
As our industry rapidly evolves, our diverse and talented employees are critical to driving innovation.
At Natixis Investment Managers, we are actively committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. As a global asset manager with more than 20 independent investment affiliates, diverse thinking is at the heart of everything we do.
We continuously work to create an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion in all its forms, across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity and background. We believe this creates equal opportunities for our employees — and better outcomes for our clients and communities.
The Natixis culture is rooted in openness to new ideas, hard work, and creative problem solving. We believe our most valuable asset is our employees – the people who drive us forward as a firm through their expertise, dedication, and unique perspectives. In this spirit, we continuously invest in our people in order to enrich their lives both in and out of the office.
We offer our employees an enjoyable and rewarding work environment. We invite our employees to enjoy events while providing work-from-home flexibility and a competitive benefits package.
We support our company's mission to help people live better lives by developing an engaged, high performing workforce. We believe learning and development are continuous. Every employee is expected to participate in at least one learning program every six months as a commitment to their ongoing and continuous learning.
of the workforce (including affiliated investment managers) is female1
of the Management and Executive Committees are female2
Attracting and developing diverse talent is crucial to our long-term success, so our commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in our offices and communities is an important part of our focus on sustainability.
A diverse and inclusive workforce challenges conventional thinking and creates a more dynamic and rewarding working environment. This enables employees to learn from each other and challenge their own beliefs.
Natixis actively pursues partnerships and opportunities with organizations that share our commitment to diverse and inclusive workplaces. Examples of these partnerships include:
Diversity Inclusion Charter
1. D&I Policy Statement
Natixis Investment Managers recognizes the potential that all people bring to the workplace.
Employees have the right to be treated with respect and dignity throughout their employment with Natixis Investment Managers and not to be discriminated against in any way. We have a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment, victimization and racism of any kind.
We seek to achieve higher standards than the minimum set out in legislation and we will pro-actively encourage a culture that supports diversity and equal opportunity.
2. Company Responsibility
- To actively support and promote diversity and inclusion and to ensure that all our employees are valued and treated with dignity and respect.
- To strive continually to provide employees with a working environment that is free from all forms of discrimination.
- To ensure that managers work in partnership with employees to create and sustain an inclusive working environment where everyone’s unique contribution is valued.
- To ensure that decisions affecting employment, training, promotion and career development are based on an individual’s ability and genuine occupational requirements.
- To comply with relevant legislation by requiring all employees to meet the minimum standards of behavior and conduct in relation to how they treat their colleagues and other people they have contact with as part of their work with Natixis Investment Managers.
- To regularly review the policy and its practical application and continue to make any updates towards identifying and eliminating any potentially discriminatory practices.
- To provide employees and managers with the appropriate information, via this policy, on diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to provide Diversity & Inclusion training for all employees.
- To make adjustments to meet the needs of disabled employees, visitors and clients where reasonable and practicable to do so.
- To ensure all internal publications and material reflect, in the language and images, the diversity of our employees and clients.
- To provide investment products, solutions and services to our clients without any form of unlawful discrimination and/or harassment.
3. Recruitment & Selection
A more recent initiative is the Natixis Scholarship Program - the financial industry historically has not done enough to attract diverse talent from an early age. A focus of our diversity & inclusion program is to develop a pipeline of diverse talent early enough so they receive the academic training and intinternship experience needed to succeed in the financial industry. Just as important, we aim to inspire promising candidates to pursue a career in asset management and build a career with us. To expand those efforts, we will be creating a scholarship program for university students from under-represented minority groups, which we hope will help bring diversity to our industry and contribute to our talent pool at Natixis IM. Scholarships will be granted to two students with a demonstrated financial need who are majoring in business, and we will support and develop the students through internships and mentoring from our team. We will pilot this program in the US, where we can build on existing university partnerships and mentoring programs, and look to expand to other locations.
Natixis Investment Managers endeavors to attract applicants from all sections of society and we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We will ensure fair treatment through the recruitment process. This includes:
- Checking that job descriptions are relevant and non-discriminatory.
- Ensuring that the wording and images used in job adverts reflect and appeal to all sections of society and comply with the law.
- Seeking a diverse pool of qualified candidates for each position.
- Ensuring that all roles are available to internal candidates.
- Short-listing only those people whose skills and qualifications most closely match the job description.
- Asking fair, objective and consistent questions during interviews.
- Keeping records of the recruitment and selection process, including interviews.
- Monitoring recruitment and selection to ensure equality of opportunity throughout the process and taking steps to eliminate any discriminatory practices.
4. Diversity Monitoring
All personal data is held securely and processed in compliance with the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any Codes of Practice that have been issued by the Information Commissioner or relevant bodies in different countries.
2 Source: Natixis Investment Managers, as of October 2020