Loomis, Sayles & Company
|Managed the Fund Since||Joined the Firm||Began Investment Career|
Low-volatility diversified stock fund using an actively managed portfolio of written index call options and purchased index put options to reduce risk.
Opportunistic, value-oriented fixed income portfolio actively managed by Elaine Stokes, Matt Eagan and Brian Kennedy.
Core large blend US equity value fund actively managed by veterans Bill Nygren and Kevin Grant since 2000.
An actively managed international growth fund built on a strong bottom-up fundamental research framework.
- Fixed Income Securities Risk:
- Fixed income securities may carry one or more of the following risks: credit, interest rate (as interest rates rise bond prices usually fall), inflation and liquidity.
- Below Investment Grade Securities Risk:
- Below investment grade fixed income securities may be subject to greater risks (including the risk of default) than other fixed income securities.
- Currency Risk:
- Currency exchange rates between the US dollar and foreign currencies may cause the value of the fund's investments to decline.
- Derivatives Risk:
- Derivatives involve risk of loss and may entail additional risks. Because derivatives depend on the performance of an underlying asset, they can be highly volatile and are subject to market and credit risks.
- Foreign and Emerging Market Securities Risk:
- Foreign and emerging market securities may be subject to greater political, economic, environmental, credit, currency and information risks. Foreign securities may be subject to higher volatility than US securities, due to varying degrees of regulation and limited liquidity. These risks are magnified in emerging markets.
- Mortgage-Related and Asset-Backed Securities Risk:
- Mortgage-related and asset-backed securities are subject to the risks of the mortgages and assets underlying the securities. Other related risks include prepayment risk, which is the risk that the securities may be prepaid, potentially resulting in the reinvestment of the prepaid amounts into securities with lower yields.
- Commodity Risk:
- Commodity-related investments, including derivatives, may be affected by a number of factors including commodity prices, world events, import controls, and economic conditions and therefore may involve substantial risk of loss.
- Non-Diversified Risk:
- Non-diversified funds invest a greater portion of assets in fewer securities and therefore may be more vulnerable to adverse changes in the market.
- Short Exposure Risk:
- Short exposures using derivatives may present various risks. If the value of the asset, asset class or index on which the Fund holds short investment exposure increases, the Fund will incur a loss. The potential risk of loss from a short exposure is theoretically unlimited, and there can be no assurance that securities necessary to cover a short position will be available for purchase.
Before investing, consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You may obtain a prospectus or a summary prospectus containing this and other information. Read it carefully.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.