Loomis, Sayles & Company
|Managed the Fund Since||Joined the Firm||Began Investment Career|
- Fixed Income Securities Risk:
- Fixed income securities may carry one or more of the following risks: credit, interest rate (as interest rates rise bond prices usually fall), inflation and liquidity.
- Mortgage-Related and Asset-Backed Securities Risk:
- Mortgage-related and asset-backed securities are subject to the risks of the mortgages and assets underlying the securities. Other related risks include prepayment risk, which is the risk that the securities may be prepaid, potentially resulting in the reinvestment of the prepaid amounts into securities with lower yields.
- Foreign and Emerging Market Securities Risk:
- Foreign and emerging market securities may be subject to greater political, economic, environmental, credit, currency and information risks. Foreign securities may be subject to higher volatility than US securities, due to varying degrees of regulation and limited liquidity. These risks are magnified in emerging markets.
- Below Investment Grade Securities Risk:
- Below investment grade fixed income securities may be subject to greater risks (including the risk of default) than other fixed income securities.
Effective August 31, 2016, the Fund's Retail Class shares and Institutional Class shares were redesignated as Class A shares and Class Y shares respectively. Accordingly, the returns shown in the table for Class A shares prior to August 31, 2016 are those of Retail Class shares, restated to reflect the sales loads of Class A shares, and the returns in the table for Class Y shares prior to August 31, 2016 are those of Institutional Class shares. Prior to the inception of Retail Class shares (May 28, 2010), performance is that of Institutional Class shares, restated to reflect the higher net expenses and sales loads of Class A shares. Prior to the inception of Class C shares (August 31, 2016), performance is that of Retail Class shares, restated to reflect the higher net expenses and sales loads of Class C shares. The Fund revised its investment strategies on May 28, 2010; performance may have been different had the current investment strategies been in place for all periods shown.
Before investing, consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You may obtain a prospectus or a summary prospectus containing this and other information. Read it carefully.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.