Why Choose This Strategy?
- To achieve tax-free income for tax sensitive clients
- For a high-quality municipal bond allocation, potentially add additional ballast within portfolios
- Low to moderate interest rate volatility within the municipal bond space
- The municipal bond team follows a disciplined, research-driven, risk-managed process to identify attractive relative value within the investment grade municipal universe
- Portfolio managers and credit research analysts select securities based on rigorous internal quantitative and qualitative review. Security selection seek to exploit sector, state, and individual security relative value opportunities.
- Interest rate risk is managed by targeting duration exposure within close proximity to the benchmark.
- Maturity structure is actively adjusted relative to the benchmark to take advantage of current and anticipated changes to the shape of the yield curve.
- Tax implications, including tax loss harvesting, can play an integral role in the relative value analysis conducted to evaluate investment alternatives.
Seeks to emphasize capital stability, while providing tax-free income.
Loomis, Sayles & Company
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.