Objective: Aims to outperform the S&P 500® Index within a defined risk budget by targeting exposure to companies providing low carbon and carbon efficient solutions.
Why Choose This SMA?
- To be part of a core equity allocation that provides diversified exposure to U.S. equities within a defined risk budget.
- To help improve the overall sustainability profile of a portfolio and alignment with the transition to a low carbon economy.
- To contribute to climate change mitigation by investing in companies developing low carbon and carbon efficient solutions.
- To benefit from Mirova’s financial and ESG expertise.
- A well-diversified core US equity portfolio of 120-130 stocks aiming to have a high positive climate impact (through the reduction in induced carbon emissions and increase in saved carbon emissions compared to the S&P 500®) while outperforming the S&P 500® within a defined risk budget.
- The managers implement a proprietary quantitative, rules-based approach in constructing the portfolio, integrating considerations such as risk characteristics relative to the S&P 500®, ESG criteria, fundamental views on “climate stocks” and the team’s risk factor views.
- The team actively manages a portion of the portfolio invested in “climate stocks” which increase exposure to green assets through stock picking with strong fundamentals and financial quality.
- Leverages Mirova’s in-house sustainability research and its highly innovative carbon footprint methodology integrating life cycle impacts and avoided emissions.
Investment Risks: All securities are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Please read the risks associated with each investment prior to investing. Detailed discussions of each investment’s risks are included in Part 2A of each firm’s respective Form ADV. The investments highlighted in this presentation may be subject to certain additional risks. The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions. This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. This document may contain references to third party copyrights, indexes, and trademarks, each of which is the property of its respective owner. Such owner is not affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers or any of its related or affiliated companies (collectively “Natixis”) and does not sponsor, endorse or participate in the provision of any Natixis services, funds or other financial products. The index information contained herein is derived from third parties and is provided on an “as is” basis. The user of this information assumes the entire risk of use of this information. Each of the third party entities involved in compiling, computing or creating index information disclaims all warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to such information.