SMA Inception Date: 08/1/2002
Objective: Seeks above-average total return through a combination of current income and capital appreciation
Why Choose This SMA?
- As an intermediate term investment grade strategy that seeks to add value from all major sectors of the fixed income markets
- To pursue strong returns based on security and sector selection while seeking to mitigate interest rate risk
- To seek above-average total return through a combination of current income and capital appreciation
- The strategy invests at least 80% of its net assets in fixed income securities.
- The strategy looks to add value from all major sectors of the fixed income markets including mortgage-, commercial- and asset-backed securities.
- The strategy may invest any portion of its assets in securities of Canadian issuers and up to 20% of assets in other foreign securities, including emerging markets securities.
- The strategy may continue to hold up to 10% in securities that have been downgraded to below investment grade.
- Weighted average duration is managed within a close range to the intermediate index, generally 2–5 years.
- Relies on an in-house team of more than 30 research analysts to cover a broad universe of industries, companies and markets in more than 50 developed and emerging markets worldwide.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.
Investment Risks: All securities are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Please read the risks associated with each investment prior to investing. Detailed discussions of each investment’s risks are included in Part 2A of each firm’s respective Form ADV. The investments highlighted in this presentation may be subject to certain additional risks. The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions. This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. This document may contain references to third party copyrights, indexes, and trademarks, each of which is the property of its respective owner. Such owner is not affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers or any of its related or affiliated companies (collectively “Natixis”) and does not sponsor, endorse or participate in the provision of any Natixis services, funds or other financial products. The index information contained herein is derived from third parties and is provided on an “as is” basis. The user of this information assumes the entire risk of use of this information. Each of the third party entities involved in compiling, computing or creating index information disclaims all warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to such information.