SMA Inception Date: 03/1/2007
Objective: Seeks to outperform the Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Index while maintaining a benchmark-aware risk return objective
Why choose this SMA?
- To pursue total return with lower volatility
- As an actively managed fixed income allocation
- Individual investment ideas are evaluated on the basis of their investment return potential and contribution to portfolio risk
- Top-down macroeconomic analysis combined with bottom-up security selection drives portfolio construction
- Portfolio diversified by sector, industry and issuer
- Investment flexibility is constrained to the investment grade portion of the US fixed income markets with duration typically +/- 0.25 year) relative to the index
- Investment universe typically includes US Treasurys, agencies, asset-backed securities (ABS), commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), investment grade corporate bonds, mortgage-backed securities (MBS), and Yankee bonds
- Typical portfolio: approximately 50 to 70 issuers, 70 to 90 issues
- All investments must be US dollar denominated
- Issuer maximum of 2% or the benchmark weight plus 2% (whichever is greater at the time of purchase), Treasurys and GSEs excluded
- Industry maximum of 25% or the benchmark weight plus 10%, (whichever is greater at the time of purchase)
All securities are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Please read the risks associated with each investment prior to investing. Detailed discussions of each investment’s risks are included in Part 2A of each firm's respective Form ADV. The investments highlighted in this presentation may be subject to certain additional risks. This document may contain references to third party copyrights, indexes, and trademarks, each of which is the property of its respective owner. Such owner is not affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers or any of its related or affiliated companies (collectively “Natixis”) and does not sponsor, endorse or participate in the provision of any Natixis services, funds or other financial products. The index information contained herein is derived from third parties and is provided on an “as is” basis. The user of this information assumes the entire risk of use of this information. Each of the third party entities involved in compiling, computing or creating index information disclaims all warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to such information.