Jack Janasiewicz presents his observations on the capital markets in this podcast recorded on May 5, 2022.
- In April, stocks posted their worst month since March 2020, and Nasdaq’s worst month since 2008.
- As usual, however, the devil is in the details, and in this case the details aren’t screaming recession.
- In general, corporate earnings season has been largely positive – but forward guidance has been somewhat tepid to bearish.
- Three key areas of uncertainty are overhanging the markets: China’s Covid policy, the Fed/interest rates/inflation, and the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- Sentiment is downright horrendous – but could this be a source of support?
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.