Green Vision: Travel Through Tech Odyssey
Risks of the growing, unpredictable technology sector and its infinite possibilities to meet environmental and social challenges are explored by Mirova analyst.
For years, technology has driven global growth while being responsible for the greatest disruptions of this century. With more connected devices than people in the world by 2025, predictions estimate that over 41 billion devices will capture data on how we live, work, and move through our cities, presenting obvious risks:
- Protection of users’ fundamental rights from companies misusing personal data for political manipulation or misinformation.
- Treatment of manufacturing workers in extractive industries and assembly lines among vulnerable populations and less regulated countries.
- Escalating volumes of electronic waste given recycling in this area is sorely inadequate
- Internet access in emerging countries fosters economic and social development.
- Smart management of electricity and water networks can lead to better integration of renewable energy.
- Electric vehicles, solar panels, state-of-the-art medical equipment rely on new technologies
This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions. Natixis Distribution, LLC is a limited purpose broker-dealer and the distributor of various registered investment companies for which advisory services are provided by affiliates of Natixis Investment Managers.