How do thematic investments add value for clients?
There are a range of challenges and opportunities for asset allocators when selecting thematic investments for wholesale and institutional portfolios.
- Over the past five years, thematic funds have grown in terms of assets under management and the number of strategies available
- Thematic funds are becoming increasingly attractive for wholesale and institutional portfolios
- A lack of standardisation across strategies makes it difficult to compare different thematic funds
- Managers may need to implement more thematic strategies into their overall strategic framework
- Secular growth trends are expected to become even more relevant in the future