Fund Inception Date: 2/28/2017
Objective: Each fund seeks the highest total returns consistent with its current asset allocation.
Why Choose This Fund?
- As a potential qualified default investment alternative (QDIA) that aims to help investors meet their retirement goals.
- As a target date fund that benefits from active and passive investments, unique managers and investment styles, and incorporation of ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) considerations in manager and security selection.
- A target date series with target retirement dates in five-year increment.
- Each fund’s asset allocation glide path is adjusted to balance the appropriate levels of risk and reward throughout the investor’s lifetime, becoming more conservative over time, with each fund managed to and through a specific target retirement date.
- Fund allocations are carefully constructed and are well diversified across multiple dimensions including asset classes, investment styles within asset classes, active and passive strategies, differentiated investment managers, and approaches to incorporating ESG considerations.
- In selecting managers to include in the funds, the team aims to prioritize managers that incorporate ESG considerations in decision-making processes in an effort to drive better financial outcomes for participants as we believe that considering ESG factors can aid in risk management and alpha generation.
- Consistent with the funds’ multi-disciplinary structure, each of the managers selected for the funds may consider ESG factors differently and may implement differing approaches to incorporating ESG considerations.
- The team continually executes and manages change throughout the entire investment process, reviewing factors including the glide path, asset classes, asset class construction, and underlying managers, as well as intended and unintended biases.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by the CFA Institute.
Equity securities are volatile and can decline significantly in response to broad market and economic conditions.
Fixed income securities may carry one or more of the following risks: credit, interest rate (as interest rates rise bond prices usually fall), inflation and liquidity.
Foreign and emerging market securities may be subject to greater political, economic, environmental, credit, currency and information risks. Foreign securities may be subject to higher volatility than US securities, due to varying degrees of regulation and limited liquidity. These risks are magnified in emerging markets.
Mortgage-related and asset-backed securities are subject to the risks of the mortgages and assets underlying the securities. Other related risks include prepayment risk, which is the risk that the securities may be prepaid, potentially resulting in the reinvestment of the prepaid amounts into securities with lower yields.
Multi-manager funds may be managed by several subadvisors using different styles which may not always complement each other. This could adversely affect performance and may lead to higher fund expenses.
The Fund’s ESG investment approach could cause the Fund to perform differently compared to funds that do not have such an approach or compared to the market as a whole. The Fund’s application of ESG-related considerations may affect the Fund’s exposure to certain issuers, industries, sectors, style factors or other characteristics and may impact the relative performance of the Fund—positively or negatively—depending on the relative performance of such investments.
Inflation protected securities move with the rate of inflation and carry the risk that in deflationary conditions (when inflation is negative) the value of the bond may decrease.
The Funds are designed for investors who will be age 65 around the year indicated in each Fund's name. When choosing a Fund, investors who anticipate retiring significantly earlier or later than age 65 may want to select a Fund closer to their anticipated retirement year. Besides age, there may be other considerations relevant to fund selection, including personal circumstances, risk tolerance and specific investment goals.
The Fund's asset allocation becomes increasingly conservative as it approaches the target date and beyond. Allocations may deviate plus or minus 10% from their targeted percentages.
Investments in the Fund are subject to the risks of the underlying funds and separately managed segments. Principal invested is not guaranteed against losses. It is possible to lose money by investing in the Fund, including at and after the Fund's target date.
Before investing, consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Visit im.natixis.com or call 800-225-5478 for a prospectus or a summary prospectus containing this and other information. Read it carefully.