International Equity Strategy
SMA Inception Date: 12/31/2018
Objective: Seeks long-term capital appreciation.
Why Choose This SMA?
- As part of a core equity allocation to provide diversified exposure to international equities.
- As an alpha-generating complement to a core or passive equity allocation.
- To gain access to the growth potential associated with a diverse set of long-term themes, potentially improving the overall carbon footprint and sustainability profile of a portfolio.
- The managers implement a high conviction approach to security selection, investing in a portfolio of approximately 50 stocks and aiming to outperform a broad international equity index.
- The managers use a thematic approach in idea generation, investing in companies they believe offer solutions to the major transitions the world is going through: demographic, environmental, technological and governance.
- The managers conduct detailed fundamental research in selecting companies they believe are well-managed, are expected to benefit from strong, sustainable competitive advantages, and have demonstrated a solid financial structure while avoiding irresponsible risks.
- The managers invest in stocks they believe to be priced at a significant discount to their estimate of intrinsic value.
- The team aims to maximize exposure to companies with a positive impact on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, while avoiding those whose activities or products inhibit the achievement of the goals.
Investment Risks: All securities are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Please read the risks associated with each investment prior to investing. Detailed discussions of each investment’s risks are included in Part 2A of each firm’s respective Form ADV. The investments highlighted in this presentation may be subject to certain additional risks. The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions. This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. This document may contain references to third party copyrights, indexes, and trademarks, each of which is the property of its respective owner. Such owner is not affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers or any of its related or affiliated companies (collectively “Natixis”) and does not sponsor, endorse or participate in the provision of any Natixis services, funds or other financial products. The index information contained herein is derived from third parties and is provided on an “as is” basis. The user of this information assumes the entire risk of use of this information. Each of the third party entities involved in compiling, computing or creating index information disclaims all warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to such information.