SMA Inception Date: 10/25/2013
Objective: Seeks long-term capital appreciation.
Why Choose This SMA?
- As part of a core equity allocation that provides diversified exposure to global equities.
- As an alpha-generating complement to a passive equity allocation or an overlay for an equity allocation split between US and international.
- To gain access to the growth potential associated with a diverse set of long-term themes, potentially improving the overall carbon footprint and sustainability profile of a portfolio.
- The managers implement a high conviction approach to security selection, investing in a portfolio of approximately 50 stocks and aiming to outperform a broad global equity index.
- The managers use a thematic approach in idea generation, investing in companies they believe offer solutions to the major transitions the world is going through: demographic, environmental, technological and governance.
- The managers conduct detailed fundamental research in selecting companies they believe are well-managed, are expected to benefit from strong, sustainable competitive advantages, and have demonstrated a solid financial structure while avoiding irresponsible risks.
- The managers invest in stocks they believe to be priced at a significant discount to their estimate of intrinsic value.
- The team aims to maximize exposure to companies with a positive impact on the UN Sustainable Development Goals, while avoiding those whose activities or products inhibit the achievement of the goals.