Midyear Outlook 2020 – Selloff. Rebound. What’s Next?
Global Market Strategist Esty Dwek discusses the shape of the recovery, likely winners and losers, and what risks lie ahead.
- The pace of recovery is likely to be staggered across regions, countries and states as reopening plans move at different speeds.
- As industry winners and losers begin to emerge, companies with strong social values and governance may have an edge.
- But risks remain, as Brexit, US/China tensions and the US elections will be back in the headlines.
- Strong support by central banks has helped stabilize global bond markets.
- For stocks, the rally has started to broaden, with some of the unloved and forgotten sectors and regions now starting to play catch-up.
All investing involves risk, including the risk of loss. No investment strategy or risk management technique can guarantee return or eliminate risk in all market environments. Investment risk exists with equity, fixed income, and alternative investments. There is no assurance that any investment will meet its performance objectives or that losses will be avoided.