Who We Are
Natixis Investment Managers is the French-based holding company of a diverse line-up of specialised investment management and distribution entities worldwide (collectively referred to as "we", "us", "our", or "Natixis Investment Managers"), but each respective investment management and distribution subsidiary of Natixis Investment Managers (each, a "Local Office") conducts any regulated activities only in and from the jurisdiction(s) in which it is licensed or authorized. Please consult our Website for a list of all our Local Offices.
Our Luxembourg-based management company, Natixis Investment Managers S.A., typically acts as the primary "controller" of any Personal Data that may be obtained through our Websites. Natixis Investment Managers S.A. is registered as a data controller with the Luxembourg Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD). You can contact Natixis Investment Managers S.A. by mail at the following address:
Natixis Investment Managers S.A.
2 rue Jean Monnet
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
You can also contact Natixis Investment Managers S.A. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless specifically noted under the "Exceptions/Modifications" section below, the information contained in this Privacy Statement is globally applicable across all of our Websites and all of our Local Offices.
Types of Information Gathered
Through our Websites we may receive information that you submit to us directly through various forms. This could include confirmation of your investor status under local regulations. It may also include information about your selected country of residence. We also require you to provide us with your name and email address in order to send us a message through our ‘contact us' form located within each Website. However, we recommend that you do not include any sensitive personal data or other confidential information within the ‘message' section of this form, as these types of public electronic communication channels are generally not secure.
We generally record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Websites. This information may include data about:
- Which browser you are using
- Which pages of the Website you visit
- Your default language settings on your browser
- Your IP address
- Selections and confirmations you have provided us with previously (but only if you have specifically requested that we remember such information for the next time you visit the Website)
If you are a visitor who has entered a Website via a click-through link in an email which we have sent you, or through our social media pages, additional information about you, including information about the pages you visit within the Website, the documents you download and other information which can help us personalize our future interaction with you may be collected, and in this case, the information collected about you from this Website may be associated with other identifying information that we have about you.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
We must inform you of the purpose, and the legal basis, for collecting and processing your Personal Data as a result of visiting our Website.
Personal Data supplied by you are processed for the legitimate interests of the data controller and to comply with the legal obligations imposed on the data controller and its affiliates. In particular please note that we use the information gathered on our Websites for the following purposes:
- To ensure that each Website complies with applicable laws and regulations
- To ensure that our Local Offices remain compliant with applicable laws and regulations, and operate within the scope of any regulatory licenses they might hold under local financial industry regulations.
- To better understand your needs and interests, and to ensure we are displaying content that is appropriate to your investor status
- To better customize and improve your experience when visiting our Websites
- To analyze and improve the services we provide to you, and to provide you with additional information about which products and services we are allowed to make available to you
- For the management and administration of our business, and
- For direct marketing purposes, to provide you with additional information about relevant products and services.
- The processing purposes described in the bullet points above;
- meeting and complying with the data controller's accountability requirements and regulatory obligations globally; and
- exercising the business of the data controller in accordance with reasonable market standards.
Duration of Storage
How long we hold your Personal Data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by the following criteria: (i) the purpose for which we are using it – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; (ii) our legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of the data controller's legal position - such as with respect to statues of limitations. However, Personal Data will not be retained for a period longer than necessary for the purpose of the data processing, subject to the statutory limitation periods set out under applicable laws and regulations.
Transfers to other Countries and Recipients
We do not sell your Personal Data to anyone for our own commercial gain. Nor will we provide your Personal Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do not disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party except (i) if we are required to do so by law, (i) to fulfil a contract with you, or (iii) at your specific request, or with your prior consent.
In some cases, we may rely on our third party service providers in order to help us gather and store this information from our Websites. In this case we ensure such third parties are contractually obligated to respect the privacy of any Personal Data they may have access to as a result of providing us with their services, and to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to such Personal Data.
We may also transfer Personal Data between our Natixis Investment Managers affiliates, if it is necessary to do so for the purposes stated above. We take steps to ensure that only those employees and Local Offices which have a business need for Personal Data are given access to that information. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the appropriate local laws to protect your Personal Data. For example, we take precautions to help keep our information systems secure, including the use of firewalls for our Internet-based systems. We also use encryption technologies, user authentication systems and access control mechanisms.
As a result of these transfers, Personal Data may be processed in countries that are located outside of the European Economic Area – notably, the United States. Please click here for a list of the countries in which we have a Local Office. In the event your Personal Data must be transferred outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that any such transfers are made in accordance with all applicable laws – namely, on the basis of adequate contractual arrangements, which may take the form of the EU Commission "Model Clauses".
Under certain conditions set out by the relevant data protection laws, you have a right:
- to access the Personal Data collected from you (i.e. the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data are being processed, to be provided with certain information about our processing of the Personal Data, to access that Personal Data, and to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing (subject to legal exceptions));
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data (i.e. the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of Personal Data which is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or our legitimate interest.) We shall stop such processing unless it/they can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or that it needs to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims);
- to request correction of any such information if it is inaccurate or incomplete (i.e. the right to require from us that inaccurate or incomplete personal data be updated or corrected accordingly);
- to ask for the erasure of your Personal Data (unless other applicable laws require us to maintain a copy of this information for a certain period of time);
- to ask for data portability (i.e. the right to have Personal Data transferred to you or another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where this is technically feasible); and
- to restrict such data processing activities.
Please keep in mind that this Privacy Statement should be read in conjunction with any other applicable policies, terms, conditions, or contractual arrangements in place between you and Natixis Investment Managers.