Beyond Covid: Better Times Ahead
Global Market Strategist Esty Dwek discusses prospects for growth, returning to normal, and the risks ahead in the new year.
Global Market Strategist Esty Dwek offers insights on prospects for growth, returning to normal, and the risks ahead in the new year.
- With Covid-19 vaccines now a reality, the logistics of distribution will be the next challenge.
- Some sectors will recover quickly, but others, such as business travel, may never fully recover.
- The fundamentals should remain supportive for equity markets, and the rotation from defensive to cyclicals will likely continue.
- In fixed income, sovereign yields are likely to rise gradually but the search for yield will remain.
- While the growth outlook is generally improving, we will see divergences between China, Europe and the US.
- From a policy standpoint, fiscal stimulus will be key.
This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers are as of December 9, 2020 and may change based on market and other conditions. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted, and actual results may vary.
All investing involves risk, including the risk of loss. No investment strategy or risk management technique can guarantee return or eliminate risk in all market environments. Investment risk exists with equity, fixed income, and alternative investments. There is no assurance that any investment will meet its performance objectives or that losses will be avoided.
This material may not be redistributed, published, or reproduced, in whole or in part. Although Natixis Investment Managers believes the information provided in this material to be reliable, including that from third party sources, it does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information.