What will thematic asset allocations look like in five years’ time?
There exists a nascent trend for actively managed multi-thematic strategies that provide a broader exposure to different verticals, sectors and regions.
- Over the past five years, thematic funds have grown in terms of assets under management and the number of strategies available
- Thematic funds are becoming increasingly attractive for wholesale and institutional portfolios
- A lack of standardisation across strategies makes it difficult to compare different thematic funds
- Managers may need to implement more thematic strategies into their overall strategic framework
- Secular growth trends are expected to become even more relevant in the future