ESG - Transition your portfolio for tomorrow's world
Amber Fairbanks, PM at Mirova US, talks to Citywire about their Global Sustainable Equity strategy and what sustainable investing means to them.
- What sustainable investment themes offer the greatest opportunities?
- What are Mirova’s credentials in this space?
- What resources do Mirova draw upon in running this strategy?
- How do they screen their universe?
- What assurances can be given to those who are worried about greenwashing?
* Mirova US is a US-based investment advisor that is a, wholly owned affiliate of Mirova. Mirova is operated in the US through Mirova US. Mirova US and Mirova entered into an agreement whereby Mirova provides Mirova US investment and research expertise, which Mirova US then combines with its own expertise when providing advice to clients. Mirova US and Mirova agreed on a participating affiliate agreement.
This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice.
Sustainable investing focuses on investments in companies that relate to certain sustainable development themes and demonstrate adherence to environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices; therefore the Fund's universe of investments may be reduced. It may sell a security when it could be disadvantageous to do so or forgo opportunities in certain companies, industries, sectors or countries. This could have a negative impact on performance depending on whether such investments are in or out of favor.
All investing involves risk, including the risk of loss. Investment risk exists with equity, fixed income, and alternative investments. There is no assurance that any investment will meet its performance objectives or that losses will be avoided.