This initiative seeks to meet Sustainable Development Goal 13 on climate action – one of the 17 SDG – which is a regular focus for our collaborative engagement policy. Prior to this fresh pledge, Ostrum AM had already co-signed the Global Investor Statement to Governments on Climate Change in 2018, in keeping with our engagement practices.
The statement not only provides an update, but it also calls on governments to address the following with urgency by 2030 to 2050:
- Strengthen Nationally Determined Contributions for 2030 in line with limiting warming to 1.5°C.
- Commit to a mid-century net zero emissions target with clear sectoral decarbonization roadmaps.
- Ensure ambitious pre-2030 policy action including strengthened carbon pricing, phasing out fossil fuel subsidies and thermal coal-based power, avoiding new carbon-intensive infrastructure (no new coal power plants) and developing just transition plans.
- Ensure COVID-19 economic recovery plans support the transition to net zero emissions and enhance resilience.
- Commit to implementing mandatory climate risk disclosure requirements.
For further reading:
- Ostrum Asset Management Ramps Up its Coal Sector Withdrawal Policy
- Ostrum Asset Management attains the French state SRI accreditation for all money-market funds
- Ostrum Asset Management goes tobacco-free!
- Ostrum AM recognised again for its commitment to UN PRI
Ostrum Asset Management
An affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers.
French Public Limited liability company with board of Directors.
Share capital €48 518 602.
Regulated by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) under no. GP 18000014.
RCS Paris n° 525 192 753.
43 avenue Pierre Mendès France 75013 Paris, France.
Natixis Investment Managers
Natixis Investment Managers is a subsidiary of Natixis.
Portfolio management company - French Public Limited liability company
RCS Paris n°453 952 681
Registered Office: 43, Avenue Pierre Mendes France – 75013 – Paris.
This communication is for information only and is intended for investment service providers or other Professional Clients. The analyses and opinions referenced herein represent the subjective views of the author as referenced unless stated otherwise and are subject to change. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as may be forecasted in this material.