The label was created by the French Ministry of Environment, Energy and the Sea to mobilise savings towards energy and environmental transition as part of public policy under France’s Energy Transition Law adopted on August 2015.
The label requires Certified funds:
- make significant investments in companies and projects related to energy and ecological transition
- measure the actual environmental impact of the portfolio in the areas of climate change, water, natural resources and biodiversity,via impact indicators
- actively manage any major risk of environmental social or governance controversy
Mirova’s three TEEC labelled flagship funds implement the following strategies:
- A renewable energy infrastructure fund, totally dedicated to clean energy investing.
- A fixed income strategy investing in debt securities supporting energy and ecological transition, defined as green bonds by the research division of Mirova’s investment team.
- A thematic equity strategy investing in shares of European companies that are positively exposed to environmental issues.
Mirova, an asset management company wholly owned by Natixis Asset Management,1 brings to bear almost 30 years of experience in Socially Responsible Investing (SRI). Mirova offers a conviction-driven approach in order to combine value creation with sustainable development with a unique and global product offering: listed equities, fixed income, infrastructure, impact investing, voting and engagement. With 60 employees, Mirova has €6 billion in assets under management.2
1 Since 01.01.2014.
2 Source : Natixis Asset Management as at 31 March 2016.
This communication is for information only and is intended for investment service providers or other Professional Clients. The analyses and opinions referenced herein represent the subjective views of the author as referenced, are as of 13 June 2016 and are subject to change. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as may be forecasted in this material. This material may not be distributed, published, or reproduced, in whole or in part. Although Natixis Asset Management and AEW Europe believe the information provided in this material to be reliable, it does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information.
Mirova is a subsidiary of Natixis Asset Management
Limited liability company - Share capital € 7 461 327,50
Regulated by AMF under n°GP 02-014
RCS Paris n°394 648 216
Registered Office: 21 quai d’Austerlitz - 75 013 Paris
The analyses and opinions referenced herein represent the subjective views of the author as referenced, are as of the mentioned date, and are subject to change. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as may be forecasted in this material.
This material has been provided for information purposes only to investment service providers or other Professional Clients, Qualified or Institutional Investors and, when required by local regulation, only at their written request.