In this, our fourth annual Global Retirement Index, we offer:
- An examination of top performing countries for retirement security in 2016.
- An analysis of best practices for sound retirement policy.
- An assessment of what can be done by policy makers, employers, individuals and asset managers to shore up retirement security globally.
- Access – As more of the responsibility for funding retirement falls to individuals, it’s critical that policy makers and employers work to ensure they are set up to succeed.
- Incentives – Across the globe, policy makers know that favorable tax treatment can be a powerful tool to drive positive behavior in retirement saving. Employers also play a key role in increasing participation with matching contributions, employee education, and access to professional advice.
- Engagement – For individuals, the key is to move beyond just participation and engage fully in their retirement plan. It’s critical to understand your goals, understand the choices you have and most importantly understand just how much risk you can take on. It’s then that you can move from merely saving for retirement to investing for your future.
- Economics – Retirement security extends well beyond the savings vehicles themselves and includes consideration for a growing population that will be living on a fixed income for many years to come. Monetary, fiscal, and healthcare policies all play a critical role in ensuring that retirees are self-sufficient.
Ed Farrington, Executive Vice President for Retirement at Natixis Global Asset Management, discusses the findings from the 2016 Global Retirement Index and how asset managers can work with policy makers, employers and individuals to help workers retire with dignity.
Natixis Global Asset Management S.A.
RCS Paris 453 952 681
Share Capital: €156 344 050
21 quai d’Austerlitz, 75013 Paris
This communication is for information only and is intended for investment service providers or other Professional Clients. The analyses and opinions referenced herein represent the subjective views of the author as referenced unless stated otherwise and are subject to change. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as may be forecasted in this material.
Copyright © 2016 NATIXIS GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT S.A. – All rights reserved