COVID-19 Impact on Real Estate: A Global View from AEW
- AEW, an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers, is one of the world's largest real estate investment managers. Founded in 1981, it has a long track record of successfully implementing core, value-add, opportunistic, and real estate securities strategies across the US, Europe and Asia.
- Hans Vrensen, CFA®, Mike Acton, CFA® and Glyn Nelson, respectively Head of AEW Research for Europe, North America and Asia, discuss the impact of the COVID-19 on the real estate sub-sectors and on financial markets across the regions.
- Confinement measures have negatively impacted retail sales and shopping centers in Asia but recovery may be quicker than expected. In the US, e-commerce is driving demand. In Europe, retail sales have dropped but logistics and offices are not immune to the economic slowdown.
- COVID-19 outbreak and acceleration of remote working have changed the perception of working at the office and the way we work together. Corporates need to convince reluctant employees to return to the office. Social distancing at work is a new constraint.
- AEW experts discuss the long-term outlooks on the financial centers. There may be opportunities in suburbs or secondaries cities. Though offices in attractive areas, such as the downtown locations of big cities, contribute to attracting and retaining talents.
An affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers.
Privately-held French “Société anonyme à conseil d’administration”.
Real-estate investment manager under n°T 8324
delivered by the Prefecture de police de Paris.
Share capital: €17,025,900.
RCS Paris: B 409 039 914.
8-12 rue des Pirogues de Bercy 75012 Paris, France
A simplified joint-stock company with capital of € 828,510, register under the RCS number Paris 329 255 046.
AIFM Licensed by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers on July 10, 2007 under number GP-07000043
22 rue du Docteur Lancereaux 75008 Paris
Natixis Investment Managers
RCS Paris 453 952 681
Share Capital: €178 251 690
43 avenue Pierre Mendès France
This communication is for information only and is intended for investment service providers or other Professional Clients. The analyses and opinions referenced herein represent the subjective views of the author as referenced unless stated otherwise and are subject to change. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as may be forecasted in this material.
Copyright © 2020 Natixis Investment Managers S.A. – All rights reserved