Thematics AM, whose investment philosophy relies on four pillars - identifying secular growth opportunities; being focused in terms of defining investment themes and universes; being unconstrained in terms of sector, geography or size ; and bringing a responsible investment approach - actively and publicly commits to the following principles:
- To incorporate Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision making;
- To be an active owner and to incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices;
- To seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which it invests;
- To promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
- To work with the PRI Secretariat and other signatories to enhance their effectiveness in implementing the Principles;
- To report on its activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Mohammed Amor, CEO of Thematics Asset Management, commented: “Becoming a signatory of the UN PRI is a natural move for Thematics AM and it reflects our ambition to continue to strengthen our commitment in the field of responsible investment, which has been a key feature of our process since we established the Company earlier this year. We are long-term by design in our investment style, have high-conviction and are in close alignment with our clients’ interest and values. We are convinced that integrating ESG and maintaining an active ownership approach are critical to enhancing returns and better managing risk over the long term.”
Fiona Reynolds, PRI CEO said: “We are delighted to welcome Thematics AM as a signatory of PRI. In joining PRI, Thematics AM is recognizing the importance of E, S and G factors in investment strategies, and we look forward to working with the team.”
Thematics AM provides investors with access to a wide range of high conviction and active global thematic equity strategies, including Safety, Water and Artificial Intelligence & Robotics. The team’s investment philosophy focuses on identifying, developing and managing investment themes with multi-decade investment horizons, driven by four global primary forces that are transforming our world: demographic changes, globalization, innovation and resource scarcity.
The views and opinions expressed may change based on market and other conditions. This material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. There can be no assurance that developments will transpire as forecasted. Actual results may vary. Written on October 25th. This material has been provided for information purposes only to investment service providers or other Professional Clients, Qualified or Institutional Investors and, when required by local regulation, only at their written request. This material must not be used with Retail Investors.